This page will tell you how to perform CPR. It is not intended to replace an actual class but gives you the basic information that you should know in order to help save a life.
If you witness a person having a heart attack or find someone unresponsive follow these steps…
- Step 1: Make sure the scene is safe for you to perform CPR.
- Step 2: Tap the victim and shout loudly “Are you okay?”
- Step 3: If no response, call or send someone to call for help.
- Step 4: Check if the victim is breathing. Look for signs of no breathing or no normal breathing.
- Step 5: If the victim is not breathing start compressions immediately.
- Step 6: Do sets of 30 compressions and 2 breaths until help arrives.
If you have an AED (Automated External Defibulator), use it as soon as you can. The sooner you use one the more likely it is that the patient will survive.
If you would like to take a class on using an AED or performing CPR give us a call and set up an appointment today.